Thursday, May 1, 2008

First (Real) Post aka Most Sexified Song of 2008

Usher - Love in This Club (feat. Young Jeezy)


When I first heard this song a few weeks ago, I quickly recognized Usher's voice and was surprised - I didn't realize he was making a new album. Following up with a little Internet research, I discovered that this is the first track off his new album which is scheduled to be released at the end of May.

Also, I discovered that this song was produced by Polow da Don (of Throw Dome D's fame). You'll notice similarities with his earlier work.

After a few listens, I quickly named this the Most Sexified Song of 2008 to a few friends. They didn't agree with me then, so I didn't push it. But listen to the song and try to disagree. (To give you some context, I also named Nelly Furtado's "Say It Right" as the Most Sexified Song of 2006. No song was named in 2007.)

Link to the music video for the song. Great cameos from Keri Hilson, Kanye West, Diddy, Rick Ross, Robin Thicke, and a few others.

Finally, I am posting the official remix to this song. In spite of a good effort by Beyonce and Lil Wayne, I didn't like this one as much. It's a little more dirty, a little less sexy. (Thanks to Megha for the heads up on this song.)

Usher - Love in This Club (Part II feat. Beyonce & Lil Wayne)


So is your face.