Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Posse Cut

posse cut (n.) - So me and my friends are having a party. It's like most other parties you would be familiar with, except that I'm a rapper, and so are all my friends. And this party will make us tons of money. There's no real reason to have this party - it's just for the sake of being friends and simultaneously being awesome.

Don't mean to be snarky about this. I actually like these big get-togethers. The thing that really gets me is labeling the friggin' MP3. For example, "Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says (remix feat. Busta Rhymes, Lady Luck, Method Man, Redman & Shabaam Sahdeeq).mp3."

Anyway, "Swagger Like Us" (the most recent incarnation of the posse cut) dropped last week. The song prominently features a sample from M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes," and is set to be a track on T.I.'s Paper Trail which will be released later this month. The track may also be on Jay-Z's upcoming The Blueprint 3.

T.I. - Swagger Like Us (feat. Kanye West, Jay-Z & Lil Wayne)



And below are some of my favorite posse cuts of all time.

Fat Joe - John Blaze (feat. Raekwon, Big Punisher, Jadakiss & Nas)



The Fugees - Rumble in the Jungle (feat. A Tribe Called Quest, Busta Rhymes & John Forte)



De La Soul - Buddy (Native Tongue Decision) (feat. A Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, Queen Latifah & Monie Love)



Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says (remix feat. Busta Rhymes, Lady Luck, Method Man, Redman & Shabaam Sahdeeq)



Craig Mack - Flava in Ya Ear (feat. The Notorious B.I.G., Rampage, Busta Rhymes & L.L. Cool J)



A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario (feat. The Leaders of the New School)



No comments: