Monday, February 2, 2009

Obligatory Slumdog Post

No I still have not seen the movie. I'm not even sure that I can actually call myself an Indian anymore.

But after some prodding from my sister, I have listened to a couple of songs from the soundtrack.

Favorite original song from the soundtrack: A. R. Rehman - Jai Ho



Favorite song from a previous release on the soundtrack: M.I.A. - Paper Planes (DFA Remix)



I also caught this interview with A. R. Rehman on NPR this weekend. Interestingly enough, he compares making music with cooking.

By the way, if anyone wants to go see the movie, let me know. I need a date.

4 comments:

Gerard said...

I may actually prefer the other oscar nominated song on that soundtrack, "O...Saya". Produced, written, and performed by A.R. Rahman and also featuring MIA. Give it a listen.

Pun said...

Yeah, I listened to "O... Saya," as well, but didn't like it as much as "Jai Ho," so I didn't post it. There you go.

Anonymous said...

you haven't seen it yet? you might feel disappointed pun...if only bc by now it's been so (over)hyped.

Unknown said...

after you see the movie, you'll post 'O...Saya'
go see it already!