Sunday, February 22, 2009

Keri Hilson Flips the Script

Puneet has been hounding me for the last few days to post something, so here we have it. Was watching MTV Jams this morning and on came Keri Hilson's "Turnin' Me On." I guess this video has been out for a few months but I had never seen it before. And as some of you know, I think she's pretty awesome (and infinitely better than Rajiv's preferred manface, Nicole Schewhatzinger). Anyways, as I was watching the video, I thought it was interesting that she basically took your typical rap video and flipped all the genders. So now, she's the one throwing money around and objectifying the shirtless dudes in the video (Puneet, calm down...). When I mentioned this in an email to Rajiv and Puneet today, Rajiv said he noticed the same thing. Puneet was busy drooling. Aside from all this, the song is not bad to boot either.

(I am pretty technologically ancient so you can just go to the link below, or Puneet, you can fix it by embedding it here for me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvthIDQ3fEU

Keri Hilson - Turnin' Me On (feat. Lil Wayne)

No comments: