Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The definitive source for hip-hop critique?

Well, probably not, but Slate does have a great article on The Notorious B.I.G. and his legacy in hip-hop.

He's one of the first hip-hop artists whose music I loved. I loved everything about it - the beats, the rhymes, the attitude. And there's no reason for someone like me to relate to this guy, but I can't help it.

As for my favorite Biggie song of all time, is there any doubt?

The Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy



Some of the greatest lyrics ever to be uttered

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke, man, I couldn't picture this
Fifty-inch screen, money-green leather sofa
Got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur
Phone bill about two G's flat
No need to worry, my accountant handles that
And my whole crew is loungin'
Celebratin' every day, no more public housing

P.S. The new movie isn't getting much love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

juicy?? mine would definitely have to be 'one more chance'

puneet, please put up 'o saya' and 'jai ho' from slumdog millionaire. incredible soundtrack.