Sunday, July 6, 2008

Rage Against The Machine

Flobots - Handlebars


Cool, new-ish song. Check out the video here. Somehow this phenomenon of a popular uprising has taken root in the culture over the past couple of years. For example, recall this video from last year by Linkin Park.

Linkin Park - Shadow of the Day



And this is not even the first time Linkin Park has made a video about a riot.

Linkin Park - From the Inside



Where did all this anger towards the system come from? Why is this all of a sudden so cool? I suppose a video about being a conformist or "being a cog in the machine" would be a lot less cool.

Readers, let me know of other recent videos where there are large scale riots.

P.S. I can actually ride my bike with no handlebars. Look Ma, no hands!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Puneet!

I can't believe you gave a shout out to the New Kids, and I missed it! I just saw that. What a great concert. I know you don't remember much, since the ground was shaking at The Summit and you still managed to sleep through it. I wore my t-shit, my cap, and all my pins. I am totally thinking about going to their upcoming concert. Just to see Joey McIntyre (swoon).

Okay so totally off the current music you are listening to, but I was just listening to some songs from my highschool days, and I totally got a huge lump in my throat. Please check out the following. LOVE all these songs:
-Blue by Eifel
-Hotstepper by Ini Kimoze
-Come Baby Come and Move It Like This by K7
-Scatman

Also, on another tanget but something for you to think about:
-Obama supports broader death penalty sentencing (OMG, WTF)
-Obama supports warrantless wire-tapping (OMG, WTF)
-Also, I can understand why not all Hillary supporters are big Obama supporters (there really was a lot of gender bias in the primaries which he did nothing about. I am actually proud of the Hillary supporters who are standing their ground. I'm not saying that I want them to sit at home and not vote at all. I'm just glad they are trying to be heard by Obama's camp before the election. He needs to do more than just assume that all her supporters will vote for him.

Also, I don't think we have any NKOTB concert photos. (!!!)

One more song, it's old now, but I like it. Paralyze by Finger Eleven.

Does anyone out there think Coldplay sounds like U2 in Viva La Vida? I called it during the itunes commercials.

If you have some time on your hands (like I do, since I'm suppose to be studying for the GMAT), you have to see the Mac vs. PC commercials on Apple web sites. Freakin hilarious.